About Harley Helping Hands

The Harley Helping Hands (HHH) Foundation is a non-profit organization established in 2009. The foundation’s mission is to positively impact the lives of adults battling Brain Cancer. Through our fundraising efforts, our goal is to help each individual focus on themselves, their family and their fight by alleviating some of the financial burden medical crises can have on a family.

The development of the foundation was inspired by our good friend Kit Harley (1976-2010) and his courageous 3 year battle against brain cancer. Throughout Kit’s fight we saw the financial and emotional burden this disease brings to a family.

HHH, local to the Chicagoland area, is 100% run by volunteers to ensure all money raised can directly impact the lives of adults fighting brain cancer. In the infancy of the foundation’s development, it is the generosity and ongoing support of the Chicagoland community that will allow the foundation to grow and help many families in need during their time of crisis.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Decision to Run for Harley Helping Hands - Week 4 of Training!

Hi all!  Week 4 of marathon training has begun and I decided I wanted a cause to run for.

Seeing as I will be moving 5 hours south and have to complete weeks 8-17 of training alone down in Olney, IL and leave my beloved Naperville Running Company group - I knew I would need some motivation.  Running for Harley Helping Hands (HHH) couldn't have been a better organization to keep the drive alive in me!

My dad is good friends with Bob Harley (the late Kit Harley's father), so dad and I decided this should be my cause.  Kit's strength and courage to fight brain cancer is a huge inspiration to me.  I can do 26.2 miles.  Also an inspiration is the strength and positivity Kit's family and friends hold after losing Kit.  I am running not only for Kit, but for everyone that misses him so dearly.  I am humbled and honored to be running for such a great cause!

Thank you all for the donations (You can donate by clicking the "Donate" button on the top left side of this site) for such a wonderful cause and all the emotional support through 17 weeks of training.  10.10.10 will be a great day in Chicago.

Lots of Love,
Lauren   

No comments:

Post a Comment